Table of Contents
We launched our public-facing application roadmap earlier this year (which you can access within Plural). Since then we have been addressing Feature requests, Application requests, and showcasing our monthly progress in our Changelog. Below we've listed out just a few highlights to share from the past few weeks, but you can always visit the roadmap for more detail on our newest releases!
Be sure to check out:
- We onboarded JupyterHub to the Plural marketplace. JupyterHub is a great solution for hosted Python notebooks that solves a lot of data engineering challenges (be on the lookout for a JupyterHub Guide coming shortly.)
- We added the Install Wizard from our in-browser Cloud Shell to our CLI to make the experience even more streamlined. To access the Install Wizard, run Plural with the latest version. Once updated, you’ll see a native GUI pop-up with a graphical configuration flow for any new application you choose to install. As a fun aside, our team will be releasing a blog in the near future on how we built this; the work involved embedding a React App in a GO CLI, which is not an easy task.
- We added the ability to implement Continuous Deployment (CD) from other repositories to Plural applications. Our team noticed a few applications like Airflow and Dagster often involve deploying customized Docker images, and this release can simplify the deployment process for them. You can see an example of the Dagster repository we created for how to do this here: https://github.com/pluralsh/dagsterexample/blob/main/.github/workflows/publish.yml#L43, or you can book a time with our CTO Michael for a custom set up.
- We are nearly finished with our multi-cluster management experience, which has been a huge ask from our users over the past few months. We believe this will dramatically improve the experience of creating and managing a large Kubernetes cluster footprint with Plural.
Connect with us
If you're interested in certain features or applications, there are currently two ways to add something to our roadmap:
- Using our interactive roadmap, click the roadmap requests button to report a bug, a document, or a feature request.
- In addition, you can add an issue to our plural-artifacts repository to request an application.
Be the first to know when we drop something new.